Notifications

discourse (the software we use to build the hub) is built around the concept of using e-mail to notify our users and members. I know, some of you are going to say: “YAY” finally some decent notifications while some others will not be happy with that. But it is what it is. That is also the reason that you had to go through the process with the e-mail to make sure the email you tell us is an email we can get ahold of you.

Now that said, we have installed an extra module that allows some of the notifications to go through your phone. This module needs an extra software installed on your cell phone called: “Pushover”. This app is available for iOS/Apple as well as for Android phones.

Apple: Pushover
Android: Pushover

Yes, the developer of the app will want a few € to support the app and the further development, which I do think is perfectly OK. So if you really want notifications on your phone, Pushover is the ticket for you. If you want to utilize this app you will have to create an account with pushover and then enter your push key into the notifications section of your profile on the hub. It sounds a lot more complicated than it really is.

Thanks Andy! I would also just note that on the latest iOS, push notifications work just fine with the web app: