DMX Lights and smoke machine

Hey hey,
is still have the option to spend around 480€ on material for the SADO BAR from my last fundraiser.
I thought about a DMX controller with lights and a smoke machine.
BUT I have no clue and not time atm to get deeper into this^^
Is there someone how is into this theme and would like to give me shooping addvices and could help me with programming it?

:slight_smile:

I have tried once (unsuccessfully) to use DMX/E1.31 lights. For me this is very unintuitive. I am sure there are other opinions out there but the work getting DMX lights to light up and do what I want them to do was more than I was willing to invest in time.

I hope your journey will be different.

Hey Andy,
thank you for your answer! :slight_smile:
hmmm… maybe no DMX this year/life^^ for me.
:v:

I would not give up on it completely yet, but suffice it to say, the learning curve is very steep

1 Like

DMX is quite simple. @K.WowWow don‘t blow out the flame, just because someone had bad experiences and couldn’t figure it out. I’ll contact you on a better platform.

@andy if you don’t have anything positive to say, or can’t help @K.WowWow with his question, please refrain from adding negative comments!

Sorry I seem to have stepped on your personal pet protocol @DBSM. If DMX with all its weird limitations is easy for you, more power to you.

Yet, I will state my opinion just as anyone else is allowed, no matter if you like that or not.

Yor statement was perfectly fine until you told me what to do or not to do.

For the Overfloor I am using a Raspberry Pi with QLCPlus

and a tiny DMX controller.

It is not super fast but works well for small setups.
You can contact me for details.Where will you place the bar? Maybe we could cooperate?